1. Company Established
Our founders, Gerald “Jerry” Pedigo and Bruce Cordingley created Pedcor Companies in October 1987. Did you catch that? Pedcor’s name was created by combining their two last names! Within just a few short years of opening up shop, Phillip Stoffregen joined the company in 1992 as part of the principal team. Our principals’ main vision is to create and cultivate inclusive, affordable apartment communities across the nation.
2. Pedcor’s Corporate Campus
Our corporate offices, dubbed “Pedcor Square”, are based in the heart of downtown Carmel, Indiana. Each of our corporate departments are arranged in 5 different buildings. Even though our corporate roots are in Carmel, we currently own and operate apartment communities across 19 states throughout the United States.
3. Our Services
We are a full-service development, construction, property management, banking and finance team.
- Development/Residential serves each community with a custom-tailored housing solution.
- Design & Construction services strive to seamlessly integrate our design with the surrounding neighborhood and build a strong sense of home. In 1986, Signature Construction, LLC was formed as a member of the Pedcor family to be our full-service construction management company.
- Property Management services include managing every community we build or acquire. Our on-site teams uphold the highest standard of maintenance and professional resident customer service. Pedcor Management Corporation and Pedcor Homes Corporation are our two affiliates specializing in property management, maintenance, and all respects of partner compliance.
- Our banking service creates unique finance tools to create affordable housing communities. We have bank holding companies and bank affiliates. Pedcor Capital, LLC is the upper-tier bank holding company for International City Bank. Pedcor Financial, LLC is the upper-tier bank holding company for United Fidelity Bank, fsb. Keep an eye out for the upcoming merger between these two banking entities! Update as of November 30, 2021: International City Bank merged with United Fidelity Bank.
4. Carmel Mixed-Use Development
As a key stakeholder in downtown Carmel, we wanted to support our community by a unique, high-quality mixed-use development consisting of businesses, restaurants, event venues, and boutique shops. Pedcor developed the Carmel City Center (pictured above) and many of the surrounding mixed-use buildings. The Carmel City Center is approximately 1.0 million square feet of residential and commercial space. There are eight active residential buildings with two future development. Other Carmel midtown developments include Carmel Old Town Shops and Indiana Design Center which holds a variety of unique, home-design-oriented businesses and artists.
5. Apartment Communities
There are a variety of apartment communities across the nation. Pedcor focuses on multi-family Affordable Housing and Market-Rate apartment communities. We believe everyone deserves access to safe, decent, and high-quality affordable housing. We created a page designed to discuss Affordable Housing. Here is an IHCDA Tenants’ Guide to Section 42 as a basic introduction of Section 42 low-income housing tax credit program.
6. We Are For The People
We are for the people in apartment communities and our staff. We have 1,000+ employees in Pedcor Companies. Our staff plays an integral role in what makes Pedcor such a valuable community member wherever we build and manage our communities. Each community represents the Pedcor brand we can maintain them like any good neighbor!
Pedcor Companies has many elements to our business. We hope the overview is helpful with learning who we are. We are proud of our family roots and our long-standing, successful reputation in the apartment development/management space. We are proud of what we have created and hope we can provide a housing solution for many more communities in the decades to come.
Pedcor Companies is a full-service development, construction, property management, banking and finance team committed to creating stable, inclusive, and quality rental housing across the nation. We are cultivating thriving communities. For more information, please visit our website.
Pedcor supports the federal fair housing act and all state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in housing with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, handicap, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered (LGBT+) individuals. Pedcor is an equal opportunity provider and employer.