Village Capital Corporation, a Pedcor Company, a Carmel, Indiana based Real Estate Development company has an immediate opening for a full-time Corporate Counsel, Business Transaction Attorney with 5-10 years of experience. This position is responsible to provide a broad range of drafting and business transactional legal services that primarily include the negotiation and documentation of lease, debt and equity, and real estate transactions. A working knowledge of banking regulatory work, and litigation experience are also a plus.
- Licensed attorney in the state of IN
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate legal department or law firm
- Experience in the legal aspects of real estate development and finance (purchase agreements, leases, due diligence, etc.) is desired.
- Prior experience utilizing low income housing.
- Previous work in entity formation is a plus.
- Ability to lead a group of stakeholders to a successful real estate transaction closing is necessary.
- Desire and ability to work in a highly challenging environment for a successful, growing company with very high-quality expectations.
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the risk/reward of each situation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as a team member, supporting the overall objectives of the organization in a pleasant and professional manner.